“The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, and more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes.
As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money powers of the country will endeavor to prolong it’s reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.
Abraham Lincoln also said, “Whatever you are, be the best one you can be.”
Here is Abraham Lincoln’s advice.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.~~~Abraham Lincoln
- Abraham Lincoln: A Giant Among Presidents (Townsend Library) ebook downloads (eynudugu.wordpress.com)
- Abraham Lincoln’s Advice (bishopadams.com)
- 2013: Abraham Lincoln Birthplace (mascrapping.com)
- Access the Lincoln Herald online (pastinthepresent.wordpress.com)
- Abraham Lincoln Exhibition (xplorela.com)
- Abraham Lincoln (peterhthomas.wordpress.com)